Come and join the vibe as Acland Street is transformed into a showcase of classic cars, hot rods and street machines
There’s something for the whole family in Acland Street this Father’s Day, Sunday 2 September. The precinct will be transformed into a sea of classic cars and bikes as hundreds of pristine machines descend on the street for one day only.
Bring the whole family and have photos taken with the original car from Back to the Future, Mad Max and Herbie just to name a few. Face painting, clowns and dodgem cars will entertain the kids while the promo girls present awards for the People’s Choice, Sponsors Choice, and many more.
Rockabilly band, the Cadillac Drifters, along with Werewolves of Melbourne, will perform all day and don’t miss the static drag car fire up at 11am and 2pm.
This action-packed, free family event is not be missed – destined to be bigger and better than ever before
Proudly presented by the Acland Street Village, Showcars Melbourne, PBC Events, and supported by the City of Port Phillip.
WHEN: 10am to 4pm Sunday 2 September 2018
WHERE: Acland Street Village
FREE PUBLIC EVENT
Road Closure Info for Locals
- Sunday 2, September 2018
- Start 10 am, free public access & viewing to 4 pm
- Display Car Bump in /set up time at 6.30 am to Bump out time/pack down time at 5.00 pm
- The event involves a static display of between 350 to 390 classic cars, muscle cars, hot rods, custom-built cars, movie theme cars and selection of classic motorcycles.
- Free public entertainment, music, face painting
- The expected crowd around 15,000 during 6 hour period
Following streets closed for public car traffic during:
- Acland Street from Esplanade/Carlisle St intersection to Barkly Street
- Bedford and Albert Streets from Acland to Carlisle St
- Irwell Street to Acland Street from Carlisle St entrance
- Shakespeare Grove from Marine Parade to Acland Street including car parks east side Luna Park
Please note Shakespeare Grove residents will be able to use their cars for entering /exiting Marine Parade by showing this letter to Traffic Control Officers on duty
We would like to thank you in advance for your co-operation. If you would like further information, please call Peter Camm of PBC Event Management (ASVBA’s Event Manager) on 0481 208 054